Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Path to the Mother of The Youth (The Marian Congress experience)


I was in a crazy crowd of 6000 young, energetic, dynamic and very active men and women last night. They were there not to watch Lady Gaga's concert or watch David Blaine drowning himself on stage, but they were there to express their devotion to our Ina through singing, dancing and praying. The objective of the Marian Youth Congress is to gather the youth of Caceres to honor our beloved Ina, as the Mother of the youth.
At my age I was thinking that I should not be there anymore, kids there might think that I came to the wrong place that I should be at the prayer rally of adults for Christ (I'm not sure they're existing).
Walking their way to MYC

I realized something after nine hours of observing these young men and women, they are very dynamic and very active creations of God, I came to think that with so much energy they can accomplish a lot of things, these youngsters has a lot of potentials. This kind of religious activity is one way of properly channeling the potentials and dynamism of the youth.

Our Lady of Peñafrancia and her young devotees

No comments:

Post a Comment