Friday, September 11, 2009

Traslacion 2009, a way of communicating devotion to INA


I was standing in the middle of the road when I heard the clang of the church bell of Our Lady of Peñafrancia church this afternoon, then minutes after I sensed a vibration from the ground where I was standing, a vibration produced by countless men who were all instantaneously motivated to start the traslacion. Traslacion means transfer and traslacion is the start of the Peñafrancia Fiesta.
I was present during the transfer, but obviously I'm not one of the men who carried Her to her journey to Naga Cathedral.
My mom told me to stay away from the crowd, she says it's not good for my health, so I shot pictures instead.
Ina on her way to the entrance of Naga Cathedral
Not too young to communicate devotion
They are good guys this time
The struggle of transferring Her to the altar
During the mass

After the mass



No comments:

Post a Comment