Sunday, September 20, 2009

Snaps from Fluvial Procession 2009

You might want to ask me where are the pictures of the majorettes? I didn't catch them, because the parade ended so early. In some radio announcements they said that the military parade this year will start from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, so I was so complacent, I went to Panganiban drive (where the military parades starts) at 10:00 AM only to find out that they are no longer there.

But it was okay, I guess Fluvial procession is more important than the military parade, so I walked again, this time not in black shirt anymore (I was thinking that you are good looking when you are wearing black shirt and a camera strap around your neck that screams Nikon) For the fluvial procession I wore my 3 year old shorts and my faded, fresh from the treasure chest t-shirt. If I don't have the camera with me I'm going to look like a beggar (Taong Grasa).

Sharing the snaps now. Click picture for a better view.


For me they are the most genuine nuns of all, they are from Mother Theresa's congregation, the Missionaries of Charity.

People from all walks of life, young and old, rich and poor, they are there to show their utmost devotion Ina.

The lead pack of boatmen, towing Ina's pagoda to Her destination.

This is not so healthy, kids swimming in the Bicol River, the city government of Naga has plans of cleaning this river though, I heard that they will use the river for transportation purposes.

Some of the members of the Camarines Sur Dragon boat team came from these men.

Guys, they took their bath today, no need to cleanse them, anyway they will be blessed later to honor their service to Ina for taking Her to Her path.

She is the reason for the celebration.

The fluvial procession was already over when I saw these kids, I guess they live near the river.

Why is he included here? He sells candle during the procession, for some reasons he always block my view by sticking candles on my lens. He only stopped whe I took a shot of him, and yes he gave my filters with candle smudges.


I didn't take pictures of the mass anymore, I just attended the mass. I was excessively tired after that event, but then again, it was okay. Compared to last year the fluvial procession ended earlier this year and in proper order. Again, Happy Fiesta everyone. Next year would be the 300 years of devotion to Ina, I hope to see more people and more experience and a stronger devotion to our Lady of Peñafrancia.

No comments:

Post a Comment