Sunday, August 30, 2009

How to scratch your tickly throat due to cough without really scratching it


Remedy for my tickly throat can be found here

Tickly throat due to cough is really annoying. I'm sure you already experienced it, and I'm sure you already tried controlling your cough but the more you control it the more your throat becomes itchy and suddenly you're going to surprise people with your explosive cough(like a firecracker that exploded), or even if you managed to suppress it I'm certain that you're eyes are going to get teary as if you remembered the moment you get rejected by your crush back in high school just because your crush was 5'6 and you were only 5,'0 but now, you are already 5,1 (oh, the miracle of circumcision).

Since I don't want to experience such things, I tried to look for some ways on how to get rid of this tickly throat of mine, I so feel like scratching it, but since my index finger is too short to reach my inner throat I wouldn't try doing it even if I had a longer one. I got a suggestion from a person who is very close to me and I think that she is somehow reliable because she is my girl friend, she told me to drink a warm water with extracted ginger. There was this myth that chewing ginger like bubble gum will make you a better singer which I almost believe because most people i knew who knows how to sing smells like ginger :-) . So we decided to visit a place called "The Coffee Beanery" that's along the Magsaysay Avenue here in Naga City at Avenue Square to be exact. They serve this out of ordinary tea which is called "ginger mint tea".

TCB's Ginger mint tea

Let me describe the looks of it first, the green colored thingy in it is not a moss it's a kind of mint jelly or in our dialect is called "sago"and yes, it's edible it won't be there if it's not. The scent is a combination of mint and ginger which is very soothing to the olfactory sense, by the way before I mislead you The Coffee Beanery's ginger mint tea is not for aroma theraphy, you may like the scent of it but you'll like it more when you drink it. Oh, can I tell you how it tasted? It was second to none, the taste was very natural, I guess you will have to try it for you to believe.

And how's tickly throat after? It's finally alright, the itchy feeling was minimized and I can already breath comfortably and just in case you want to know how effective ginger is as a cough remedy you can check this link http://www.inhouseremedy.com/cough-remedies.shtml.


The Coffee Beanery
If you want some sleepless nights

1 comment:

  1. i love the aroma of coffee...hmmm, heavenly :)
    yet, my best friend migraine says i should be contented with its aroma, nothing more, nothin' less! SO, IN THE SAME WAY THAT THE GINGER MINT TEA IS SO HELPFUL TO YOUR SCRATCHY THROAT - with me, IT adds life to me! :)
    and the TCB is the perfect place for it, plus a venue for sweet and personal chat with special ones, right?

    ReplyDelete